Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Changing the subject

Although I know a lot of stuff and have truly tried to always be correct, and at the same time, tried to offer my brand of correctness to the rest of the poorly informed world, it seems that occasionally (RARELY) I am NOT totally correct. See prior BLOG in which I discuss the world shattering "I and Us and We" controversy. I say that the use of the various pronouns depends on their position in the sentence. Others try to say it is somewhat more esoteric having to do with verbs, recipient of action and other English major-type stuff.
All that is well and good, but oneself (See prior BLOG again) cannot help but think and FEEL what seems right to Himself. I cannot--no matter how often I try to see it the other way, my way seems totally correct. I know about the two faces and the wine glass optical illusion and Rorshach testing and all that stuff, but verbal is NOT visual. Maybe a blind person could sort this out, but there are many more important tnings in life so I plan to drop this like a hot potato (e?).....Now why the heck did THAT expression get into our lexicon?
On of the more important things I refer to are health. I have had over 34 operations and am exceptionally level-headed and not insane through all these FUN trips. Everyone says so. Guess it's true. I was just released form the hospital after the third go round for an bowel--incisional infection and was feeling kind of sorry for myself until I heard a good friend was in the same hospital ICU having just had a brain operation for metastatic carcinoma in the meninges of her brain.
I was allowed to leave my room and visit her in ICU for five minutes and was very impressed that she could smile. She was white as a ghost and her speech was slightly slurred, but she seemed to be clear in her mind, even asking about MY health. She is a wonder. All the surgery, chemo and radiation and she is still thinking about others. Sharon is an example to us all. Pray.

No comments: