Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Saw my surgeon today. He says things are healing very well judging by the decreasing length of the sinus tract and the minimal amount of drainage coming from them (2). He thinks I may have complete healing by the end of September which is 10 days, but I see the sinus tract as half full which is the opposite of the pessimistic's "glass is half-full". 'nother words, I think it will be not until the end of October.
After no more drainage and total closure of tracts, I get to go off my IV ertapenum (IVANZ) antibiotic and IF the bloodtests after those two weeks are OK, I can safely have my knees fixed. Both hurt like HELL< but I will press for having the left one done first to remove and replace the total joint which is wornout after nearly 12 years and maybe the right will hurt less if the left is working better. Just a shot of Cortisone in the right may help, too. Well see. At any rate, things are coming along.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Sorry your knees are so bad, Dad. This sure has been a long road and I hope it starts smoothing out! I love you, Marg