Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUGGHHHHH!!!

I mean my knee surgery. Got a call that an opening had developed at an earlier time (two days only) and would I like to move up? Sure, I said but how about letting my other two docs know so I can get all the pre-op stuff done? Sure they said. It's good that docs calling docs can get things moved when it in nearly impossible for patients. It's getting quite stresssful, as I had all the prior infection in the same knee we are going after this time and I've had three bowel operations for obstructions and subsequent infections of the incision and 14 months of treating those. As mentioned B/4 all seems OK now. We just have to hope for the best. This surgery can cure my knee pain and bring me to nearly normal OR kill me by MRSR, C- Diff, or some other rotten germ that is resistant to nearly everything.
On balance, even though it is driving me a bit nutty, I guessw I HAVE to get it fixed. Other than that and the healing bowel incision, I am in good shape. My Internist is amazed how good my heart seems after all the problems, but at least something works. If all is OK afterwards, I might be able to be a normal human being and leave off the constant health discussions.
When I was young and got to stay with Grandpa and Grandma in Platte, I must have been a whiner as Grandma called me "Poor, sensitive Ronnie." and Grandpa seemed to be constantly asking, "What set him off, NOW?"
I mentioned this to my LSW and said I was sure glad I had outgrown those tendencies. I wonder why she gave me such a prolonged and odd look when I said it? She didn't say anything, but...............

No comments: