Tuesday, December 2, 2008

WOW!! I got an unsolicited request to turn my BLOG into a real memoir and even a real book!!!

The request was from my dau, ANNE (with an E). I know she respects my writing abilities and it's not just that she wants something to remember me after I'm gone--JEEEZZZZ!! What a bad thought that is!! Anyhoo, I started thinking about it and decided to look up the word memoir so I could do it right and got sidetracked by the phone then getting the mail. In glancing at the new Readers' Digest, there was an article about memoire writing!!
Our local paper-St. Paul Pioneer Press-- has a local write-in section aptly called BULLETIN BOARD. It often has people telling about recent and very satisfying BMs they have had.. Originally I thought this really strange, until I found out the letters BN don't stand for what most people think they do---- BM in the BULLETIN BOARD means a Baader/Meinhoff Experience; explained as the occurrence within a 24 hour period of reading (or seeing or hearing or sensing in some way) a factoid, license plate, word or whatever that is totally NEW to you and within the original 24 hours of chancing upon that same fact, cord or whatever AGAIN!!. It's rather like a Deja Voodoo (Now, folks, I just made up this word combination so don't go trying to steal it BUT if any of you hear it in the next 24 hours, let me know for a BIG prize and we can both send it in for a truly satisfying and mystical BM. I also just got to wondering if a person should begin to carry little plastic bags around with them to collect these BMs so we can leave them later on the doorstep of the Pioneer Press and run away after we ring the bell. Speaking of which, remind me sometime to tell you about the fish guts in Platte.

No comments: