Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Life in General

I just thought of this as a title for a blog which "could" have been written by any student at Minneapolis General Hospital before its name was changed to Hennepin County Medical Center. When the LSW and I were student nurses there in the very early '60's there were no computers or blogs or cel phones or much in the way of two way communication except Mr. Bell's wired telephone and the US Postal Service now known as "snail mail". We seemed to have gotten along fine without constant contact and it seemed relaxing to be able to get away from it all.
Now-a-days you can't go ANYWHERE without having the quiet interrupted by someone on the darn phone. I was in the men's room at a local theater recently and some guy was using the urinal with one hand on his thingee and the other on his cel phone. I wondered if the person at the other end could hear the splashing and blowing air hand-dryers? Nutty!!!
Where is it going to end? Will these goofs next be describing the quality, quantity and odors? If I live long enough to see that, I hope the Alzheimers will help me forget quickly.

No comments: