Sunday, September 21, 2008

OH, damn!!!! Now what?

Well folks, it seems that the term "The right hand of God" must really mean something as this morning I am experiencing the left hand.
"What do you mean?" you may ask. Well, two days ago everything was good and it seemed that the end was in sight. No I did NOT observe my backside in a mirror. That would be silly. The end I mean was the travail of having bowel surgical problems over and over. Now this AM, I had to strain and suddenly there was a small tooting sound (AKA mini-fart) from my open abdominal incision. This is NOT a good sound considering that the only air I initially thought of was that from my bowel which WAS open and which you can read about in prior postings. My LSW checked it out---she heard the sound and saw a few tiny bubbles (Don Ho, what are you doing in my insides?).
We agreed to call the surgeon and miraculously, he was on call this Sunday. He told me, after several questions, to see him first thing Monday so he could evaluate the phenomenon. In the meantime, our stress level increased several humdred-fold. I checked for gas forming bacteria on the 'net and found one new article about gas forming bacteria mimicing hollow organ air sounds. All we can do is wait til tomorrow and I'll let you know.

No comments: