Thursday, January 22, 2009

A goofy thought

Since knees and bones and other things orthopedic (which actually means "Straight Child" as this medical speciality seems to have begun to help deformed kids from polio and whatever), have been on my mind a LOT lately, I got to thinking that I may not be able to truthfully sing the old song that goes, "AND THE KNEE BONES'S CONNECTED TO THE LEG BONE."
"Why?" You may ask if you have nothing better to do with your time, since this question will necessitate your receiving an answer. The answer is that I am NOT really connected in the usual sense of the word. I was fine until I had a TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT which replaces bad cartilage and arthritic bone with Titanium metal and hard plastic. This undid my normal human connectivity separating the real parts by fake parts. Now, this may not be a "BIG DEAL" to most people, but it seems to bother me too much. I have tried to figure out why this should bother me as it is GOOD with less pain and I can walk on the new parts and so on. However, it makes me feel odd having non-human parts inside of me. Is this like a woman might feel with an advancing pregnancy; or one of the stars of the movie ALIEN growing an evil monster inside??
I wonder why I have to even think about this stuff, but that's the way I am. Could it be that I have TOO MANY CONNECTIONS elsewhere? (in my brain?). Could these synaptic connestions with their axons and dendrites be firing too much and making these odd thoughts about the other parts of my body. I don't recommend delving into these these things too deeply---It could drive you nuts, too!!!!!!!!1

No comments: