Monday, January 26, 2009

Trying out a few new thoughts for my Writers group

It should come as NO great surprise to those who know me that I tend to think up stuff. Stuff is my word for anything that is not easily categorized. I also think that I really should put this "STUFF" into separate boxes or shelves or areas of my brain, but that would be too hard and it seems to me that more fun connections can be made by allowing the various pieces of "STUFF" to run around loose. One tiny thought can stimulate another, and they can decide to hold a party and soon there are a whole MESS of interlopers showing up uninvited. It can sometimes get out of hand like a kegger at a high school graduation or turn into rock throwing at local authorities who might try to break up the FUN.
Another thing is that I have had the ability as long as I can remember of thinking and dreaming in full color and rhyme. It was VERY odd for me to discover by questioning others, that they did NOT do this. How can one even think without colorful puns, poems, and rhymes which are the very semantic basis of thought??? I just can't think of a cow (and how often does one have to do that?" you may ask--seems to be rather frequent to me!!), without also NOW thinking of a SOW which rhymes and is also a barnyard animal and from there to HOW these guys got into my mind in the first place. It is but a simple step to bring in MOW where the hay for the COW is kept and to have a COW fight over it (were they at the kegger?) with a lot of punching which sounds like POW!!! The whole thing then turns into a real ROW with a generaalized riot of oinking, Powing, Cows attempting to cow their opponents, and finally the final word stated by the farmer as he watches the battle-----WOW!!!
There are times when it would be SOOO much easier to just think about stuff without all the extraneous thoughts that crop up (like the crop in the MOW), but it sure can be interesting when one's thoughts head off into an entirely new direction. I have often discovered that the new thoughts are a lot more fun than the old thoughts, and getting there is half the fun as "THEY" say, but taking thirty minutes to consider if I should use a pen or a pencil to write with is a big FAT waist (waste) of time. Oh well......

No comments: