Monday, January 5, 2009

So now it's time??

The new year is here and time is automatically re-newed. Newed again.
Odd how the spelling of words can change. How come renued?? But I digress---
Today I have TWO Doc appointments to get all tuned up for the big left knee re-re-placement on Tuesday. This will be opertion number 36 for me, NOT counting the minor ones. As a retired CRNA, I'm NOT AT ALL worried about the anesthesia. I know the drill and the facts. What I AM worried about is the post-op pain and the not having the good result I am hoping for. I've had many types of surgery and found that that on bone is the worst. I hope the newest type of PCA (Patient Controlled Anesthesia) with the push button to shoot meds into the IV is better and I won't be in agony. We'll see. Also I hope like heck that the knee will finally bend to at least 90 degrees and be it will finally be pain free after 54 years since the original injury at age 14. Dr. Dan Hoeffel says he can cause this with the computer assisted knee replacement so I am HOPING!!!!
I will be out of contact via this blog for a month and will let you know when I get out of Transitional care and back home hear the end of January,
Say one for me.

No comments: