Monday, May 26, 2008

Tornado sharing the World

You all know the old saying, "It's a small world." The Walt Disney company even wrote a song and has a section of one of their parks called that. I have run into quite a few instances of small world-ism or what I oftimes (or it it betimes? Shakespeare would know) call Baader-Meinhoff--another co-incidental happening in which one has apparently never heard of or seen anything and then suddenly he see that thing everywhere. When these sort of things happen, people usually allude to the occurrence as "Wow!! Small world isn't it?" I have never heard anyone actually come out and say "Wow!! Baader-Meinhoffie isn't it?" They aren't really the same, but close enough for me! If you want to argue about it go somewhere else, because I'm too Jung and aFreud and I don't want my brain to get all Adlered. The foregoing is my form of free association--I would do it for money if anyone wised to offer me some--Never turn down money--it's not comfortable to sleep on--it russles too much. One should turn down sheets as they are more comfortable to sleep on. And how come so many people use the euphemism "To sleep with" when everyone knows that they are far from sleep and deep into that other bed activity?? By the way, has anyone aver heard of the gullable birdwatcher who has spent years keeping a lookout for the very elusive "Double Breasted, Round-heeled Mattress Thrasher?""
And now to the point!! "AH, finally--the POINT!" Memorial Day 2008-- We had a tornado north of White Bear Lake where I live and a child was killed in Hugo MN, his sister is in critical condition and the Dad is hospitalized, also as well as about 20 others. Now for the small world part,
on that same day there was a tornado starting in Aplington, Iowa where my wife's brother's wife and two boys live. Their tornado proceeded East hitting Parkersberg, Dunkerton and New Hartford. Parkersberg had half the town (1900 people) destroyed 6 dead and as many as fifty injured.
This is a WHOLE LOT CLOSER THAN SIX DEGREES OF KEVIN BACON. What next? I guess the underlying rule in all this is that the longer one lives, the more chances he has for co-incidences to turn on him.

No comments: