Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, here I am again. Who wood-a-thunk-it??? Me>>>blogging? I still don't even like the word, but the term "Journaling" seems too confining---think "daily". I get to it when I can and it seems there are a bunch of thoughts in my head that are clamoring to get out. ( Do you thing this word might have roots in the word CLAM which is soft and trapped in a hard shell just like our brains? Don't argue---just accept and don't think you have to go to the dictionery to check---I could have done that!!!
Anyhoo, Spring is here and we are finally getting real, honest to God leaves on our trees. The LSW got a bunch of transplanting done and mowed the yard and we had it fertilized by our guy. Looking very good. No flowers yet, but we did have the first of our rhubarb. I'm almost embarrasssed to say she made the greatest cake (9 X 13) and we ate it ALL IN TWO DAYS!!
Lack of rhubarb over the winter can make a person go NUTS!! Glad I gave up most other toxic substances. Rhubarb really isn't toxic, except the leaves and who would eat THEM? It sure can be a lower tract stimulant, to the point that visitors sniff the air and exclaim, "Ah, you had rhubard, didn't you?" Hard to keep it a secret. They aren't complaining, but sort of noodling for a bunch to take home to be able to fragrantize their own homes. Some fun!!! More later---have to go!!

No comments: