Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Leafs are leaving

I am firmly convinced that the things falling off the trees (Thus the term Fall instead of Autumn which has one too many syllables for us lazy folks to pronounce) are called LEAVES because they are the things the trees LEAVE all over my yard. I would much rather call them leaves than droppings which has a HOLE different connotation. Did you notice the ill conceived and poorly stated pun (in caps) in the prior sentence?? "Very humerous!" he said as he broke a bone in his upper arm patting himself on the back. WOW!!! Another attempt at PUNNY humor. And even yet another if you see the word PUNNY as funny. I can't believe myself sometimes. Can you??? Try harder---it makes me feel good or well as the case may be. And just how does one determine the proper usage in the GOOD/WELL controversy? Feel GOOD? Feel WELL?? I am GOOD? or I am WELL? Too much trouble to contemplate?? OK just forget it and read on.
See how good (WELL?) I am doing in my attempt to avoid mentioning health issues? I will leave (drop) you with this final word---DENTIST!!!

No comments: