Saturday, October 25, 2008

Put your money where your mouth is

Crikey!!! (as the late and great Steve Irwin used to say until he got his heart injected by the tail stinger of a manta ray). I have also been dealing with my dentist and having had poor, dentition (bad teeth to you, Gomer) since childhood, I had to have a tooth pulled. This was the 5th one in my life and I am now having to have the left lower two tooth partial changed to a three toother. Costly, but I DO want to continue to look more like Paul Newman in his fifties rather than the entire front row of a Reba concert. Sorry, Reba.
Anyhoo, things are sure looking up incision healing-wise and it should be a GO for the ol' left knee surgery in January. The Ortho doc had told me that things had inmproved greatly since my last one 13 years ago and he could almost guarantee a bend of 90 degrees and NO PAIN> This would be SOOOOOOOOOO wonderful because I have had pain and a definite lessening of bend in that knee since I first hurt it playing basketball at age 14. Funny how things can carry over and affect ones whole life isn't it?
Fortunately God made it up to me with a wonderful wife of nearly 45 years, two absolutely sweet and kind daughters, and a son who gets better all the time. Not many Grandpa's can say they have 7 ot the greatest grandkids in the world ( those others who may try to encroach on my prideful assertions, are just a bunch of goofy prevaricators>>I learned these words from our current bunch of politicians in their campaigns for office). "What are their names?" You ask? Wife is Virginia, Daughters are Anne and Margaret, son is Christopher, Grands (in order of birth) are Elizabeth, Claire, Sylvie, Steven, Lucy, Thomas, and Edward (Ned).
A finer bunch of bananas never hung upon the tree of life and I'm not just making this up. Well, there he goes again!!

No comments: