Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter

OK, so I got the phrase in the title wrong!! Give me 40 lashes with a wet noodle as we used to say in the preceeding epoch (or era if you'd rather)----I mean the olden days of yore. Anyhoo, My lovely oldest daughter got to the point in her life where the bad joints she inherited from her father made it impossible for her to exercise and she got all "PUFFY" as she calles it.
Today she finally finished jumping through all the myriad hoops of her doctors, insurance company rules, and self preparedness. A long six month ordeal, but the bariatric surgery with endoscopes went off very well. Mine was five years ago via the old fashioned "OPEN" method. I had a lot of problems which was scary for her, but her surgeon was pleased as was her husband and her Dad and Mom and her two kids we were sitting for the day.
Progress is great! Soon my daughter will have much less pain in her knees which have already had two operations. Pain is OK in its place---which is in somebody else.
If you are interested in her progress, check her blog atthewhitehouse on Google blogs.

No comments: