Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The stars are like Grandpa's teeth-they come out at night.

Fortunately I don't have complete dentures--only a two tooth bridge on the lower left. It is a well constructed chunk of plastic and chrome/cobalt metal that works very well. I have to remove it at night for safety. The metallic gripping arms could come loose from the teeth they snap onto and I could find myself having surgery for "Prosthetic Dental Appliance Removal" which is costly and painful.
I tend to do a much better job of brushing now that I own such a beautiful (very sculptural) and costly device. It might have been a good thing if I had gotten it at age 4 or 5 and therefore done a better job of dental care as a youth and NOW as a Grandpa, I wouldn't be having all the dental problems I do. My wife learned as a child how to take care of her teeth, hair, skin, and everything else so she is in perfect shape and beautiful too.
It can be difficult living with such a Goddess of perfection when one is not perfect. Trying to live up to such high standards can either make one stonger or kill them. I don't seem to be dead yet, so I guess I must be getting stronger (more perfect). One can only hope.

No comments: