Monday, March 10, 2008

Sweeping??

As a Grandpa (nicknamed Sessa by all of our "Grands" (grandchildren), Grandma and I were "kidsitting". Lord forbid any of the little darlings
would every be "Babysat"!!

Anyhoo the Grand in question was supposed to be asleep, but Grandma and I kept hearing a soft shuffling sound from behind the bedroom door.
"I'll go this time." I graciously volunteered. Softly opening the door in an attempt to catch the little miscreant, I noted a small lump in the new "Big Girl Bed". She loved it, especially as it was not what she had called her crib--"The Pwison."
Not wanting to wake her in case we had heard wrong (which is easy for Grandpeople), and she was truly asleep, I whispered, Honey-girl, are you awake?"
Her tiny-but very indignant voice answered with all the fervor a four year old could muster, "Not so loud, Sessa! Can't you tell I'm sweeping?"
For all the subsequent years whenever Grandma and I heard a noise from a Grand being kidsat, we would just smile and say, "It sounds like someone is just sweeping."

No comments: